Monday, August 19, 2013

The Journey

The Journey. That is our theme for the school year. It is perfect! Where am I going? Today in opening chapel we had a chance to reflect on that topic. There was a gorgeous centerpiece (sigh! I should have taken a picture) that jumped off the altar to symbolize that a journey is not always on a path. Members of the community spoke of how the theme related to them (Seeds, Stones, Nature, Connections, and Service). I love that opening chapel allows the entire (non-student) community to get together and participate. Then, later at team meeting we answered the questions: "When I was in 8th grade..." and "If I knew I couldn’t fail I would...." Each one of us had a different story that helped me to get to know my new(ish) teammates. For some, 8th grade was the best, full of social opportunities or positive changes....others, had very negative experiences that still was difficult to talk about. I exhausted so this will be a short post, but I need to think about volunteering. How can I give back to my community? and how can I weave into my curriculum the journey of the Hokuleia? More meeting tomorrow....can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment